Acupuncture Physician Rob Gates explains what your health and wellness is in this video.
I am often asked questions like "what does acupuncture treat?" and "is acupuncture only for pain?". Very simply, acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has been used for centuries as the primary treatment method for almost every ailment. Even the world health organization, a group of western medical professionals, recognize that TCM is an effective treatment modality for a host of conditions. The diverse and deep pool of tradition, experience and comprehensive care that is TCM offers a natural path to wellness. Issues regarding pain such as back pain, neck pain, headaches, hip pain, knee pain, joint pain, hand and wrist pain, foot and ankle pain are just a few of the issues that patients come to me for relief. Often times this natural relief is long lasting and after a full treatment course can mean returning to regular daily activity. In contrast, western medicine drugs are only temporary, and require constant maintenance. This typically involves open ended treatment courses with never ending costs, dependency on pharmaceuticals, long term exposure to harmful substances and often troubling side effects. All of these risks simply to mask the appearance of your condition. The TCM approach is to find the cause of the condition and restore balance to your body thus resolving the issue in a very natural way. Some of my patients initially come for the pain relief and when they learn that TCM can help with so many other conditions like: allergies, stress, digestive complaints, eye problems, colds and flus, anxiety, depression, fatigue, faster healing after surgery, fertility, asthma, facial rejuvination, gastritis or acid reflux, colitis, IBS, menstrual or sexual disorders, PMS, hot flashes... they come back to better their wellness in many other areas of their life. There are truly very few things that acupuncture and TCM can not help. My website offers more information about many of the conditions that are regularly treated with TCM, and other questions commonly asked. If you recognize any of the conditions on the list for either yourself or someone you think could benefit from better health in any of these or many other conditions, schedule and appointment today and find out what natural wellness goals can be achieved with a personalized acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine program at Red Rabbit Acuwellness today.
It is with much joy and pride that I share another powerful modality with my wellness family. I am now a Certified ThetaHealer®!
For centuries traditional Chinese medicine has known that milk doesn't always do a body good. For those who are trying to improve their health and maintain good health milk consumption may not be the answer. Often times many foods can be consumed in moderation without risk. When considering current research about milk the following article goes into some of the topics surrounding milk and its long held myths from a western perspective. Please use the link below to read this primer article taken from wellness.com. Let's continue the conversation at your next appointment.
This month I have set a goal to reach out, create awareness about and help with women's health issues. Let's make horrible periods and menopause a thing of the past.
JUNE EVENTS at
Serenity Center's CommUNITY Space
2040 Winter Springs Blvd, Oviedo
JUNE 7 and 28 (Saturday): 4-5:15 PM and/or
JUNE 16 (Monday): 6-7:15 PM
Health & Sustainability Group
Bring an open mind and prepare to be informed, enlightened and engaged.
More at www.serenitycenter.com
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
Cassandra Curley "Our Immune Systems"
Rob Gates, AP "What is Your Tongue Trying to Say?"
Cassandra Curley "Powerhouse BreakFast"
Chef Olive Mackey "Eating in Season"
Cassandra Curley "10 Minute Workout"
Maya Papaya Organic Farm "Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)"
Pure Choice Organics "Soaps & Lotions"
In addition, all meetings allot time for Artisans, Entrepreneurs and Individuals to introduce thier products and selves.
ALL ARE WELCOME!
Traditional Chinese medicine has long believed that food can heal. It is with that in mind I am sharing some foods that can help correct eye problems or help maintain good eye health.
- Kale: This nutrient-rich leafy green is an excellent source of both lutein and zeaxanthin, two powerful antioxidants that can help shield the eyes from the dangers of environmental damage (including UV rays). Kale also contains vitamin A, a nutrient that helps protect the cornea and may support normal night vision.
- Goji Berries: Goji berries are a superfood that has the highest amount of carotinoids of any food on Earth. These carotinoids are a primary nutrient for healthy eyes. High in both beta-carotene and zeaxanthin, as well as a host of other amazing nutrients, goji berries are a must have.
- Orange Bell Peppers: While we are on the subject of zeaxanthin, we can not leave out the #1 zeaxanthin containging food. Orange bell peppers contain nearly 3X the zeaxanthin of any other food. Add it to your diet to see the results.
- Carrots: Another great source of vitamin A is orange veggies, including carrots. Carrots contain beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A. Aside from nourishing and supporting proper eye function, vitamin A also provides antioxidant protection.
- Bilberries: Looking for a delicious way to defend your eyes from free radical damage? Grab a handful of bilberries, which are brimming with protective antioxidants known as anthocyanins. This superfruit’s a bit hard to find, but fortunately you can take it in supplement form.
- Oysters: Due to its nutrient content, certain seafood may support healthy vision. Oysters are especially helpful because they contain both selenium and zinc, two nutrients that function as antioxidants to support eye health and function. If you don’t regularly frequent raw seafood bars.
- Avocado: This often overlooked food is high in leutein. 1 medium avocado contains 400mcg of leutein. The high "good fat" content in the avocado helps make the leutein more bioavailable. This offers a fantastic 1 2 punch when making healthy nutrients more available for your body to absorb and use.
In addition to nutritional therapy using all of these fantastic foods, TCM has additional time tested therapies like acupuncture, herbal medicines, and exercise like qi gong as additional pillars to build your eye health on. Contact me today to discuss how we can address your health care needs with a comprehensive customized wellness program that will change your life naturally.
I have to agree with the author of the article I've posted below. Coconut is a Rob-approved, all-purpose miracle worker. The list below is a great list but by no means the only uses. Try incorporating just a few of these ideas into your life and see what miracle-like results you can achieve. Read below for 28 great ideas to get more coconut wellness in your life.